Announcements & Upcoming Events
Find Your Stop
Bus stop locations for the 2014-2015 school year are available at k12northstar.org/map.
Stop locations should be verified for students who have moved or changed schools including those who transitioned from one school to another.
The transportation department is available throughout the summer and requests for new or altered bus stops may be made by August 8 in order to receive service by the first day of school.
Transportation Department: 452-2000, option 4
Office Opens for Student Enrollment
The Pearl Creek office re-opens after the summer recess on August 7th.
Kindergarten and new student registration resumes on August 8th, during office hours (9:00am-3:30pm).
Please bring the following items when you come to register your child for school:
- child's birth certificate
- child's immunization record
- proof of residence in our school attendance area (GVEA bill works well)
- any custody documents if necessary
To attend kindergarten for the 2014-2015 school year, students must be 5 on or before September 1, 2014.
PTA hosts Back-to-School Ice Cream Social
Our Pearl Creek PTA will host our Back-to-School Ice Cream Social on Monday, August 18, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
During this event, class lists will be made public by being posted along the garden fence at 5:00 p.m. If the weather is not cooperative, the lists will be posted inside the gym instead. Students and their parents may visit the classrooms, meet their teachers, and sign up for school and community activities as they socialize with school friends.
If a child's name is not posted on a list, it is likely due to one of these common situations:
- the child's immunizations are not current - solve by bringing a current copy to nurse, then to the office for class assignment.
- the child's home address is not within our attendance area - see Out of Attendance Area information below.
- the child was enrolled too close to the list being printed for final changes to be made - see office for confirmation of child's class placement.
We hope you enjoy meeting your child's teacher and we look forward to a very productive year together.
Out of Attendance Area Information
Students who wish to attend Pearl Creek but who live outside our designated attendance area, must fill out an Out of Attendance Area application. The following guidelines are then followed upon completion of the OAA application:
- enrollment is granted on space available at the grade level requested.
- the applications are time and date stamped and priority is given to those who applied first.
- the school may wait 10 school days into the year to determine if space is available.
- OAA attendance may not be granted in classes that are over, or close to the limit allowed by the school board.
OAA placement will NOT be determined prior to or at the Ice Cream Social. School enrollment typically adjusts over the first week of school, so space may develop or become more limited. It is important to enroll in your neighborhood school as part of your OAA application process.
PEARL CREEK REPORT FOR 2012/2013 SCHOOL YEAR